So, Day Job is finally out! Tattie Records TATTCD05. 12 tracks of roots and blues with an east-coast-Scotland twist.
If you pre-ordered, you already have a copy in your hands like this:
though it’ll have a wee number written on the CD + case, since there’s only 50 of these CDs & handmade cases, each numbered – and 20 gone, so that leaves 30 now… easy maths!
Thanks once more to The Banter, a small band of guest musicians who feature on tracks this time – you can see their details on the CD liner notes or Bandcamp page. And this is the only place to get 4 bonus tracks in addition to the 12 album tracks, more info below.
Some folks have kindly played tracks on their radio shows, for example:
- Kathryn Tickell on Amazing Radio
- Craig Gornall on Shore Radio
- 1320radio – including a lovely review (“High Girders throws down a glove to anyone who says that the blues are passé; in fact it’s a thumping tune in the vein of its earliest incarnations that suddenly sounds terribly novel….”)
- Jim Gellatly on Amazing Radio
- Andy Gee on The Sound on Radio North Angus – earlier today we recorded an album special, airing next Saturday and featuring several tracks from Day Job, plus 2 live renditions on accordion!
Enjoy the music, share around your music-loving pals, and see you soon